New here? You can use the side bar to find my previous posts as the newest post is shown first

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Well I've missed a few months...

So after months of not writing a post I decided today was the day,

After coming back from my second trip (which you can find out about in my other blog) I had ended up settling down I guess, I felt pretty steady in myself after starting college and in my relationship, which is a good thing! I ended up changing job again to a local bar and restaurant which was going well... until the time came for payday and low and behold I hadn't been paid. Day 1 no pay. Day 5 no pay. Day 15 NO PAY. In a job where you get paid monthly you expect to get paid on time. Especially when you work your arse off over Christmas for your bosses. Not only that but I had been told I didn't fall into the bracket to make the first months pay so ended up having to wait for the month after. Great right? So around 17 days into the 2nd month of employment I finally get paid, and at this point I can't just walk out because I'm already 17 days in hand for next months pay!

So after countless staff chasing their pay (why the hell should you have to chase your own money?) we get promises that this month (month 3) it won't happen and we will get paid on time. I walked in the morning of payday to find all the staff sat around, I looked around at all those unhappy faces and can you guess what the chorus of voices said? Yep. That's right. "No ones been paid." Again. For weeks we all chased our money eventually I received my pay nearly two hundred pounds short.

I've had enough of this sh*t. So with that little gem of a revelation, I got my shizat and I walked away. Weeks flew by with the freedom. It was actually great! However in those weeks that last part of my paycheck never materialized... Seriously! Do you have any idea how hard it is to not write very offensive words in this?! I ended up having to go into the restaurant and get my money in cash from the safe with the help from my friend and coworker!

Now call me old fashioned but not paying your staff is one thing but bills to keep the restaurant open? Well that's another thing. We received countless calls with threats of cancellation of internet and phone line, deliveries refusing to leave until we paid cash and from what I've heard since leaving deliveries will not even bring stock anymore from lack of payment and not to mention council tax hasn't been paid either.

So where was all the money going? Well it turns out the owners have bought another restaurant and are putting all their money into that, funny that isn't it? What kind of f*****g idiot does it take to realize that if you stop paying your staff at your current business, who are making you the f*****g money in the first place they're probably going to walk out. How these people run businesses is beyond me. People in the service industry work long hours, some do Christmas, some do New Years Eve and still not an ounce of thanks is ever received.

So if you're wondering which sh*thouse of a restaurant this is it's "21 Mediterranean Kitchen" in Knutsford in sunny little Cheshire. If you do decide to dine or drink there remember to tip the staff because it's the only way they're going to get paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment